Cakes, cocktails and Korean food will all be on offer to tantalise taste buds at Stockton International Riverside Festival’s (SIRF) debut festival village.
New to this year’s festival, SIRF Green – based on the corner of Bishop Street and Thistle Green – will host a range of food outlets serving flavours to suit every taste, from gourmet brownies and flapjacks, to Korean food, vegan dishes, alcohol-free mocktails – and even a colourful SIRF-themed cocktail.
As well as delicious street food, SIRF Green will be home to the Festival Village where people can relax in a tent aka “The Tentickle” between shows, enjoy a picnic of their own, and watch live music and entertainment on the Garden Stage throughout the weekend.
Bringing musical mayhem and delight, The Instruments of Joy brass band will play popular tracks including Lean on Me, A Little Help from my Friends, Come Together, and Somewhere over the Rainbow while Old Time Sailors musical show will take audiences back in time through an unforgettable singalong trip to the 19th Century and beyond.
Councillor Jim Beall, Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council’s Cabinet Member for Health, Leisure and Culture, said: “With SIRF returning to Stockton town centre this year we wanted to introduce some special new additions, like SIRF Green, to celebrate the occasion. We’ve worked with local artists Abby+Owen on the design of SIRF Green and we’re delighted to be bringing something different to the festival.
“Throughout the weekend there’s also going to be some family-friendly music and entertainment on the new Garden Stage to keep the festival spirit going. We’ve also lined up some excellent local businesses serving food to suit all tastes so come along and support the traders, grab a bite to eat and a drink and soak up the atmosphere in the Festival Village.”
- Velveteen Rabbit Luncheon Club – Serving eclectic hot food with vegetarian and vegan options.
- Fork in the Road – A social enterprise serving street food from their quirky van.
- The Little Korean – An award-winning business which serves authentic and fusion Korean dishes made with local ingredients.
- Sanseb Coffee Van – Served from a revamped 1958 Citreon H Van, Sanseb offers high quality coffee, cold drinks and snacks with a continental influence.
- Tasty Tarts Cakes – Delicious homemade gourmet brownies, blondies, fudge, flapjacks, cheesecakes and cupcakes.
- Blondie Baker – Serving a large variety of blondies, blondie cupcakes and blondie pies. Gluten-free options also available.
- Pimms Van – Pimms, prosecco, mocktails and SIRF cocktail on tap from a refurbished vintage caravan.
SIRF returns from Thursday, 29 July to Sunday, 1 August.